#Reliance #Jio 4G services were launched at the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) today, and Airtel’s stocks are already down by more than 7.5 %. Within 45 mins of the address, IDEA lost 2450 crores and Airtel lost 9800 crores of Market cap!! Here are key highlights from Mukesh Ambani’s address :
* Under the company’s welcome offer, the entire Reliance Jio services — including voice, apps, 4G services — to be available for free to everyone starting September 5th to December 31 2016.
* Makes voice calls free, no Jio customer will have to pay for voice calling.Reliance Jio roaming charges will be ‘Zero’ within India.
* Reliance Jio data to have only 10 data plans
* Announces student discount, students to get 25% more data.
* Jio’s app booking, worth Rs 15,000 for an annual subscription, will be available free for all active Jio customers till December 31, 2017.
* Reliance Jio to offer free services till December 2016.
* Announces 4G smartphones at Rs 2,999 under its Lyf brand.
* RelianceJio is not only 4G supported but also 5G and 6G ready.
* Reliance Jio is now ready for the Aadhar-based eKYC or paperless CAF to issue Jio SIM cards.
In pics: Reliance Jio 4G Plans and Tariffs.